Don't forget... bring in your completed forms for a speedy appointment!
What all this fuzz… I mean buzz, about Dermaplaning?
The secret behind Dermaplaning skin resurfacing is using an extremely fine, surgical-grade blade to gently exfoliate the epidermis, removing fine vellous hair (“peach fuzz”) and dead skin cells to reveal a smooth, vibrant, red carpet ready complexion. Dermaplaning is a quick procedure that allows the skilled staff at Cheeky to delicately abrade the skin’s surface, showing off your skin’s inner beauty.
What Does it Cost?
A single treatment is $120
Pre-paid 3 treatments, 10% off
Pre-paid 5 treatments, 15% off
DERMAPLANING IS PERFECT FOR:
· Deep exfoliation without harsh abrasives or peeling agents, making it perfect for pregnant women or those who prefer a non- chemical skin resurfacing technique
· Men and women with peach fuzz that creates a dull look due to buildup of dirt and oil
· Creating a smooth surface so anti-aging beauty products can penetrate more deeply and be more effective
· Preparing the skin for laser treatments and Chemical Peels
IS DERMAPLANING RIGHT FOR YOU?
Should you find yourself saying “YES!” to any of the following questions, Dermaplaning may be the perfect facial treatment to improve the look of your skin:
· Do acne scars cause you embarrassment, leaving you looking for a safe and effective way to enjoy smoother skin?
· Do you notice a dry, aged complexion looking back at you when you look in the mirror?
· Are you looking for a way to gently and effectively remove the top layer of your skin to reveal the smooth, undamaged face beneath?
DERMAPLANING FAST FACTS
· Dermaplaning is a perfect skin resurfacing technique for patients with especially rough or dry skin, hyperpigmentation problems such as melasma or sun spots, mild acne scars or fine facial lines and wrinkles. Does a buildup of dead skin cells make imperfections and fine lines look more pronounced than they actually are? If so, Dermaplaning may be for you!
· You may have heard an “old wives’ tale” about vellus hair removed during Dermaplaning growing back heavier and darker, but don’t believe the myth! Any hair removed will grow back at the same rate and with the same texture as it had previously.
· It’s important to be especially conscientious about sun exposure after your Dermaplaning session to avoid hyperpigmentation.
· Dermaplaning can be performed as often as every four weeks,.
· Dermaplaning can be used in conjunction with other med spa treatments, helping powerful anti-aging products to penetrate more deeply.
DOES IT HURT?
Dermaplaning is a quick and easy procedure resulting in almost no discomfort or down time. No recovery period is required, and your Cheeky provider will apply a deeply hydrating moisturizer and sunscreen after your treatment in order to protect the skin so you can go about your day. It’s important to follow any special post-treatment instructions we provide in order to maximize your comfort and help you get the most from your Dermaplaning treatment.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Dermaplaning gently resurfaces the skin using a very fine, surgical-grade scalpel to delicately abrade the skin’s surface with light, feather-like strokes. Our DermaplanePro Provider uses gentle techniques to carefully remove dead surface skin cells for deep exfoliation. First, we will cleanse and prep your skin for maximum efficacy. Next, you’ll just relax and lie still as we use precision movements to reveal fresh, radiant skin. An enzyme peel will be used to remove loosened dead skin cells. If you’re combining Dermaplaning with another procedure, we will prepare your skin for the next treatment, as your complexion will be perfectly primed for deep absorption of other products. Otherwise, if not proceeding onto another treatment, a mask will be applied to take advantage of the highly absorbent, product-ready skin surface. After treatment, we apply a series of medical-grade skin care products to provide for deep hydration and protection to your skin.
You should see a noticeable glow immediately after treatment as dead, dull layers of epidermal skin are removed. Without excess vellus hair trapping excess oil and skincare products, most patients see a marked improvement in the skin for a brightening, anti-aging effect. Repeat treatments will be necessary to maintain your results when you see your peach fuzz returns, usually after approximately one month.